Saturday, June 27, 2009

Polly close to completion

It's been a fair journey with this model.
Looking back at this blog it seems it was about a month ago I had started on this project, intending to do two characters. Well one out of two isn't bad is it?
I think a month is alright considering I only had weekends and whatever weeknights I wasn't playing sport to work on it.
As an excercise in learning all the technical aspects of putting together a reasonably complex model it has been very useful. I have learned heaps since starting on this. It's not finished but I'm gradually whittling down the list of things that need to be done.

-Hair
-Face and hands need texture work
-Base needs work
-Boots need texture work
-Plume on the hat
-Lighting and Comp
....and probably more

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

New Pose

Just a new pose for this character
I've also done some more sculpting on some of the cloth elements to change their feel a little
The pose still needs work, I find it to be one of the hardest things to get right.

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Monstrous Regiment Progress

Some futher work on this character. Most of the elements have been brought into ZBrush except for a heap of buttons and little its and pieces. There is still a fair bit of sculpting to do on some of the peices. I've started on the texture for the head, it's a bit messy but it's heading in the right direction I think. It was rendered in Max using mental ray


Monday, June 8, 2009

Monstrous Regiment WIP

I've done some work on one of my two characters for the monstrous regiment piece.
All elements are pretty incomplete and some are just stand in geometry. I still need to
incorporate a whole bunch of straps, buckles, belts, a bottle and a pack.