Pages

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rhino WIP#2

I've been at this for a couple of days now, it's great fun to work on. I'm starting to realise the power of ZBrush alphas in creating surface textures, the trick is to use them in the right way so they don't look like tiled and flow with the mesh. I have 8GB of RAM in my machine and this mesh has got it at it's limit, I had to change a few settings to get the performance useable. It's obvious that I haven't started sculpting the far side of the body yet. I'm looking forward to posing him/her.


3 comments:

  1. cool! I've only got 4 gig...not sure, but do you have 64bit windows? does it make a difference? i go to sculpt HD thing and I only get a spec of my model to paint on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good! You are making me really want to work with Z-Brush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys
    I'm on 64bit vista but I think ZBrush only runs under 32bit anyway.
    I haven't used HD geometry much because I generally like to make displacement maps and stuff from my mesh and I'm not sure how that works wth HD.
    More RAM definitely helps when you get into higher poly counts. This model is 12 million or something and it has crashed once or twice just from running out of RAM

    ReplyDelete